Thursday, June 23, 2011

You have a bug on your face....

Rewind 20 Years... I walk into my best friends kitchen and her mother (who I still love dearly) looks at me and says, "You have a bug on your face."   It is not a bug!  It is a mole! This is when I first remember having and hating my little mole.  Lucky for me, by high school, my little mole became "the in thing."  Models, singers, and actresses would draw my same mole on their faces with a make-up pencil!  I thought I was awesome because mine was 100% real!  No make-up required!  Now in my thirties, I usually do not even notice it.  Except that it would be my identifying mark if anything happened to me. (LOL)  Q:  Why am I blogging about this? A: Every day that I looked in the mirror for 20+ years my mole has been there.  I hated it, loved it, and was indifferent to it.  Today, I had to have my mole removed.  While it is just a mole, it was a part of my face and one of my first memories of meeting my best friends mother.  Sad to see my little mole go!

1 comment:

  1. I have a couple of moles on my face too - it would be really weird if I looked in the mirror & one of them was gone.

    ReplyDelete